Using The TC Pro-Net Button Maker
2 10x10 Canopies are also available for rent.
Click here to find out more!
- You must be a current member of TC Pro-Net to reserve and use the button maker and/or canopies
- INDIVIDUALS: Members are welcome to make buttons for personal use.
- GROUPS/ORGANIZATIONS/BUSINESSES/CANDIDATES: If buttons are made for one of these entities, the group, organization, business or candidate must be a current member.
Reservation And Material Fees:
- $5 for 7 days and 15.5 cents per button for materials… paid by check or cash when button maker is picked up. (If you’re late returning it, you will owe another $5.) Prices will go up as shipping charges increase.
- Have graphics ready (in a circle template page) and printed before you pick up the button maker. It is worth it to use a good color printer.
- After graphics are created and printed, it is possible to make approximately 100 buttons per hour.
- It is up to you to create your own graphics for 2-1/4” image area centered within a 2-5/8” outer circle. Only what is within the 2-1/4” inner area will be visible on the front of your buttons. The additional area (2-5/8”) is needed for wrapping edges and securing within the backing. The button maker includes a die cutter to punch out the correctly sized 2-5/8” circles. Essentially you have an inside circle (2-1/4”) and an outside circle (2-5/8”). Your graphics fit in the 2-1/4” circle. Create the graphics with Photoshop or other graphics program. To help you use the allotted time more efficiently, it is recommended that you work on graphics BEFORE you pick up the button maker.
- Copy the desired amount of template sheets with graphics on a good color printer using normal copy paper. It is possible (but somewhat difficult) to put 12- 2-5/8” circles on a page. USE REGULAR COPY PAPER.
- Now you’re ready to pick up the button maker and create your buttons!
TC Pro-Net Button Maker Instructions
MATERIALS AND INSTRUCTIONS:
MATERIALS: Circle cutter, button maker (2.25 inches), and button supplies (shells,
backs and 3 mil mylar circles)
- You will pick up the button maker at 1520 Irving Street SW, Suite A, Tumwater. The contact phone # is 753-7442. The contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to contact us prior to pick up in order for us to have the materials ready for you.
- When you arrive to pick up the button maker, you will need to pay by cash or check (payable to TC Pro-Net).
- Cut the graphics circles with the circle cutter.
- Place the shell piece on the shallow tray of the button maker.
- Place your graphics circle (graphics side up) over the top of the shell and position it (see included pictures and instructions).
- Place the mylar circle on top of the graphics circle.
- Pull the lever down.
- Put the button back piece, sharp side down, into the opposite circle container and position it with pin level horizontally (see included pictures and instructions).
- Put it under the button lever and pull down.
- Voilà! Your button is created!
You can also create magnets and key chains if you special order for those applications. Contact us about special orders, and materials will be specialordered.
WHEN YOU RETURN THE BUTTON MAKER, please leave us with one of your buttons as a visual sample for other users.
- TC Pro-Net is providing the button maker as a service to its members. The charges are for materials, handling and repairs.
- Please be prompt in returning the button maker so that it is available to members as scheduled. If you need it for more time, you will be charged an extra $5 per week. Please call to schedule extra time.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What should I charge for my buttons?
If you are using the buttons as a fundraiser, Buttonmaker.net recommends a $3 retail charge per 2.25” button.
- What are my costs per button?
You are paying 15.5 cents per button, plus the $5 reservation fee and the printing costs for your graphics (about 4-5 cents/button). Hence, your cost per button is approximately 20 cents. At $2 each, you will make $1.80/button.